Story Titles from the Tech Law Journal Daily E-Mail Alert, by Issue.
January - June, 2008
No. 1,787, Monday, June 30.
• 7th Circuit Advocates Judicial Modesty and Deference in National Security Cases
• 6th Circuit Upholds FCC's Video Franchising Rules
No. 1,786, Wednesday, June 25.
• 6th Circuit Rules on Compelled Forensic Imaging in E-Discovery Disputes
• GAO Reports on DHS Planning for Communications Disruptions
• Supreme Court Grants Certiorari in Pacific Bell v. Linkline
No. 1,785, Tuesday, June 24.
• Supreme Court Affirms in Sprint v. APCC Services
• IG Report Finds DOJ Engaged in Political and Ideological Hiring Practices
• 4th Circuit Declines to Extend Public Forum Doctrine in Cyberspace Case
• 7th Circuit Rules in Antitrust Tying Case
No. 1,784, Monday, June 23.
• 9th Circuit Issues Revised Opinion On Informational Privacy and 4th Amendment
• Lori Drew Pleads Not Guilty in Section 1030 Case
• Reps. Sanchez and Hulshof Introduce Cyber and Phone Harassment Bill
No. 1,783, Thursday, June 19.
• House Approves FISA Reform Bill
• Attorney General and DNI Praise FISA Reform Bill
• USTR Elaborates on BIT Negotiations with PRC
• XM and Sirius Propose Merger Conditions
No. 1,782, Wednesday, June 18.
• House and Senate Leaders Release Draft FISA Reform Bill
• Free Press and Public Knowledge Allege More ISP Bad Behavior
• Rep. Barton Asks Yahoo for Information Regarding its Advertising Agreement with Google
• 11th Circuit Addresses Commingling of §271 and §251 Elements
No. 1,781, Tuesday, June 17.
• US and PRC Conclude Meeting of Strategic Economic Dialogue
• Constitutional Rights in Intellectual Property
• Senate Judiciary Committee Holds Hearing on Intellectual Property
• 10th Circuit Holds that Digital Models Lack Sufficient Originality to Be Protected by Copyright
No. 1,780, Monday, June 16.
• FCC Releases Do Not Call Registry Report and Order
• FCC Holds Hearing on Early Termination Fees
• House Subcommittee Plans Hearing on Online Advertising
• NCTA Releases Report on Cable Broadband
No. 1,779, Friday, June 13.
• Google and Yahoo Announce Search and Advertising Agreement
• DOJ and Realtors Settle Antitrust Action Regarding Virtual Office Websites
• 9th Circuit Rules on Availability of Statutory Damages for Copyright Infringement
Alert No. 1,778, Monday, June 9.
• Supreme Court Rules on Patent Exhaustion Doctrine
• Adelstein Advocates Media Justice
• DOJ Approves Verizon's Acquisition of Rural Cellular Subject to Divestitures
No. 1,777, Friday, June 6.
• FTC Subpoenas Intel
• Barnett Addresses Sherman Section 2 Remedies
No. 1,776, Wednesday, June 4.
• Verizon Wireless to Acquire Alltel
• House Approves Federal Agency Data Protection Act
• House Passes Federal Agency Telework Bill
• Bernanke Discusses Innovation, Productivity Growth and Dislocations
• US and Japan File Complaints with WTO Regarding EU Duties on Tech Products
No. 1,775, Tuesday, June 3.
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Fantasy Sports Case
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Perfect 10 v. Visa
• Reps. Thompson and Langevin Advocate Government Authority to Regulate Cyber Security
No. 1,774, Monday, June 2.
• 10th Circuit Rules for Parody Cybersquatter
• 9th Circuit Upholds Search and Seizure of Home Computer Not Covered by Warrant
• FCC to Hold Meeting and Hearing on June 12
• GAO Reports on Status of DTV Transition
No. 1,773, Wednesday, May 28.
• 9th Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Antitrust Case Against Amazon and Borders
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Commerce Clause Case
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Case Involving Arbitration Clauses in Wireless Contracts
No. 1,772, Tuesday, May 27.
• 7th Circuit Rules in UNE Case
• 5th Circuit Holds There Is No §253 Private Right of Action Enforceable Under §1983
No. 1,771, Wednesday, May 21.
• Rep. Barton Asks Google for Answers to Questions Regarding DoubleClick, Cookies and Privacy
• Sen. Kerry Introduces Internet Crime Education Bill
• Rep. Harman Introduces D Block Reauction Bill
• GAO Reports on PRC's Noncompliance with Trade Agreements
No. 1,770, Tuesday, May 20.
• Rep. Lofgren Introduces Bill to Allow Aliens with Advanced STEM Degrees to Work in US
• Secretary Chertoff Addresses Integrated Public Alert and Warning System
• Rep. Graves Introduces Integrated Public Alert and Warning System Bill
• Summary of Public Alert and Warning Systems
No. 1,769, Monday, May 19.
• 5th Circuit Holds Section 230 Immunizes MySpace
• Rep. Schiff Introduces Bill to Revise Section 1030
• Microsoft and Yahoo Continue Talks
No. 1,768, Friday, May 16.
• Icahn Announces Proxy Fight to Elect Yahoo Board that will Negotiate with Microsoft
• Senate Approves Media Ownership Resolution
• En Banc Panel of 9th Circuit to Hear Sprint v. San Diego
• 11th Circuit Rules in Copyright Case
• 5th Circuit Rules on Personal Jurisdiction Over State Regulators
• Group Releases Report on BitTorrent Blocking
No. 1,767, Thursday, May 15.
• Senate Judiciary Committee Amends and Approves Orphan Works Bill
• SEC Proposes Rules Requiring XBRL Tagged Filings
• SEC Files Complaint Against Samueli and Other Broadcom Officers
• CBS to Acquire CNET
• PFF Seeks Release of FCC's 13th Annual Report on Video Competition
No. 1,766, Wednesday, May 14.
• FCC Announces NPRM for D Block Auction
• FCC Commissioner Tate Addresses Broadband Regulation
• Copyright Office Terminates Phantom Signal Proceeding
No. 1,765, Tuesday, May 13.
• Rep. Price Introduces Bill to Increase Transparency in Intelligence Contracting
• Reps. Matheson and Terry Introduce Video Game Regulation Bill
• Sens. Specter and Lieberman Introduce Bill Regarding Foreign Forum Shopping Libel Actions
No. 1,764, Monday, May 12.
• Rep. Langevin Introduces Bill Related to Information Security at DHS
• 9th Circuit Issues Third Opinion Regarding California's Bogus Escheat Schemes
• 4th Circuit Affirms in Criminal Copyright Infringement Case
• NFL Network Files Complaint with FCC
• PFF Paper Argues Against State Cable Carrier Mandates
No. 1,763, Thursday, May 8.
• House Passes PRO IP Act
• Rep. Conyers and Rep. Lofgren Introduce Antitrust Based Network Neutrality Bill
No. 1,762, Wednesday, May 7.
• House IP Subcommittee Approves Orphan Works Bill
• House Commerce Committee Members Advocate Keeping ICANN and Root Server System in US
No. 1,761, Tuesday, May 6.
• DHS Under Secretary Discusses Terrorism and the Cyber Realm
• Senators Request Information Regarding Federal Cybersecurity Initiative
No. 1,760, Monday, May 5.
• DC Circuit Receives Briefs in Challenge to FCC CPNI Opt-In Rules
• FCC Adopts Cap on High Cost Universal Service Support
• What Shakespeare Had to Say About XBRL and Interactive Data
No. 1,759, Friday, May 2.
• Microsoft Withdraws Offer to Acquire Yahoo
• DC Circuit Upholds FCC 800 MHz Band Reconfiguration Orders
• Rep. Dingell and Rep. Markey Seek Open Devices Requirement for Satellite Radio
No. 1,758, Thursday, May 1.
• House Judiciary Committee Approves PRO IP Act
• 9th Circuit Dismisses Slamming Complaint Against VOIP Provider
• AOUSC Releases Report on Title III Wiretaps in 2007
• Sen. Stevens Introduces VOIP Regulation Bill
• DOJ Seeks En Banc Rehearing in Nacchio Case
No. 1,757, Wednesday, April 30.
• EPIC Argues for Civil Penalties for Companies that Fail to Protect Personal Information on Their Networks
• District Court Denies John Doe P2P Infringer's Efforts to Quash Subpoena to ISP
• Bush Administration Opposes Pence/Boucher Free Flow of Information Act
No. 1,756, Tuesday, April 29.
• EC Releases Report on US Barriers to Trade and Investment
• Presidential Candidates, Political Parties and Free Trade
• Rep. King Introduces Free Speech Protection Act
• Supreme Court Upholds State Statute Requiring Photo ID to Vote
No. 1,755, Monday, April 28.
• FCC Releases Inspector General's D Block Investigation Report
• OUSTR Releases 2008 Special 301 Report
• Sen. Baucus Introduces Tax Extenders Bill that Includes Extension of R&D Tax Credit
• Sen. Collins Introduces Bill to Extend R&D Tax Credit for 5 Years
No. 1,754, Friday, April 25.
• DC Circuit Grants Petition for Review of FCC BPL Order
• New Jersey Supreme Court Holds Individuals Have Expectation of Privacy in ISP Records
• 10th Circuit Considers Product Bundling and Discounts Under Colorado Competition Law
• Rep. Eshoo Introduces M2Z Spectrum Bill
• Rep. DeFazio Introduces Bill to Ban Use of Cell Phones on Scheduled Flights
• Reps. Rush and Upton Introduce Bill to Allow E-Rate Subsidies to be Used for Emergency Notification Services
Alert No. 1,753,
Thursday, April 24.
• Senate Commerce Committee Approves Resolution Condemning FCC Media Ownership Order
• 4th Circuit Addresses Availability of Statutory Damages for Theft of Satellite Signals
• SEC Chairman Addresses Marriage of IFRS and Interactive Data
• Kroes Discusses Proposal for Euro Class Action Antitrust Litigation
• Oxford and Cambridge Sue Georgia State for Online Infringement of Scholarly Works
Alert No. 1,752,
Wednesday, April 23.
• Court of Appeals Rules in Rambus v. FTC
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Bankruptcy Case Involving Spectrum Licenses
• SEC Files Complaint Against Broadcom Over Backdated Stock Options
Alert No. 1,751,
Tuesday, April 22.
• Supreme Court Seeks Solicitor General Brief in Case Regarding 11th Amendment and Patents
• 9th Circuit Holds that 11th Amendment Bars Reverse Condemnation Actions Against States in Federal Courts
• Senate to Proceed on Agee Nomination to 4th Circuit
Alert No. 1,750, Monday,
• Bush and Lee Urge Congressional Approval of US Korea FTA
• Federal Reserve Paper Advocates Benefits of Free Trade in Services
• 10th Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Class Action Against Qwest
Alert No. 1,749,
Thursday, April 17.
• Sen. Hatch Discusses R&D Tax Credit and U.S. Competitiveness
• IRS Budget Proposal Decreases Funding for Business Systems Modernization Despite IG's Warning About Data Security and ID Theft
• Senate Judiciary Committee Holds Hearing on Child Exploitation Via the Internet
• District Court Sends AOL Pricing Plan Suit Back to State Court
• GAO Reports on Sale of Sensitive and Stolen Military Items on eBay and Craigslist
Alert No. 1,748,
Wednesday, April 16.
• Reps. Lofgren and Cannon Introduce Cell Tax Fairness Act
• House Passes Tax Bill with Cell Phone Tax Provision
• Supreme Court Rules on State Taxation of Lexis/Nexis Sale Capital Gain
• 7th Circuit Applies FCRA to Wireless Communications
Alert No. 1,747,
Tuesday, April 15.
• Comcast and Pando Networks to Create P2P Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
• IRS Commissioner Shulman Testifies Regarding Electronic Filing
• President Bush and Senate Democrats Reach Compromise on 6th Circuit Nominees
• Sen. Specter Questions Presidential Candidates on Keisler Nomination
Alert No. 1,746,
Monday, April 14.
• FTC Receives Comments Regarding Online Behavioral Advertising
• House to Consider Tax Bill That Removes Cell Phones From IRC 280F
• House Judiciary Committee to Hold Hearing on Bill to Provide Federal Funding to Schools for Surveillance Equipment
• SEC General Counsel Predicts SEC Will Soon Propose Making XBRL Mandatory
• FCC Enforcement Bureau Recommends Denial of § 222 Complaint Against Verizon
Alert No. 1,745,
Friday, April 11.
• IRS Initiative Taxes Employees for Use of Work Cell Phones and Other Devices
• Bills Introduced to Stop IRS from Taxing Employees for Work Cell Phones and Other Devices
• District Court Dismisses Phone Tax Refund Claims
• Commentary: Excise Tax and 280F Regime Compared
• GAO Reports on Growth of Media and Regulation of Media Ownership
Alert No. 1,744,
Wednesday, April 9.
• OUSTR Releases Section 1377 Review of Telecom Trade Agreements
• Inspector General Report Finds Lack of Security on IRS Networks
• TACD Adopts Net Neutrality Resolution
• 7th Circuit Addresses Libel Suits Involving Anonymous Posts to Web Sites
Alert No. 1,743,
Tuesday, April 8.
• 11th Circuit Rules on Web Page Meta Tags and Trademark Infringement
• Federal Circuit Receives Amicus Briefs Re Business Method Patents and Patentable Subject Matter
• Verizon Wireless and AT&T Announce Plans for Use of Spectrum Acquired in 700 MHz Auction
Alert No. 1,742,
Monday, April 7.
• DHS Extends OPT to 29 Months As Congress Sits on H1B Reform Proposals
• EC Releases Paper on Private Rights of Action for Violation of Competition Law
• Microsoft Threatens Yahoo with Hostile Proxy Battle
Alert No. 1,741,
Wednesday, April 2.
• Secretary Gutierrez Writes Sen. Leahy Regarding Patent Reform
• FCC Releases Agenda for April 10 Meeting
• En Banc 9th Circuit Panel Rejects Section 230 Immunity in Roommates.com Case
• Court of Appeals Reinstates Complaint Against Facebook Founders
Alert No. 1,740,
Tuesday, April 1.
• DHS Grants REAL ID Extensions
• Rep. McDermott Owes One Million Dollars in Attorneys Fees to Rep. Boehner in Wiretap Case
• Supreme Court Denies Certiorari in Case Regarding FBI Search of Congressional Office
• Kroes Asserts that EC Antitrust Enforcement is Not Socialist
• NTIA Completes Mid-Term Review of JPA with ICANN
• Grand Jury Indicts Software Engineer for Theft of Communications Software Trade Secrets
Alert No. 1,739, Monday,
• Martin Proposes Dismissal of Skype Petition
• Copyright Office Section 108 Study Group Releases Report
• Senate Commerce Committee to Consider Bill to Move Up Reimbursement for LP TV Stations from DTV Transition Fund
Alert No. 1,738, Thursday,
• Comcast and BitTorrent Reach Accord on Network Management Practices
• Reaction to Comcast BitTorrent Accord
• FCC Releases DBS HD Carry One Carry All Order
• FCC Order Cites Wikipedia
Alert No. 1,737, Wednesday,
• Google Asks FCC to Allow Unlicensed Android Devices to Use TV White Space
• CTIA Urges FCC to Adopt Auction/License Model for TV White Space
• Yahoo, Google and MySpace to Form OpenSocial Foundation for Web Based Social Applications
• House Commerce Committee to Examine Loss of Laptop with Sensitive Patient Information by NIH
Alert No. 1,736, Tuesday,
• DOJ Won't Challenge XM Sirius Merger
• CDT Releases Collection of Definitions Related to Online Behavioral Targeting
• SEC Suspends Trading in Stocks Touted by YouTube Videos
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Intel Patent Case
• CEI Condems EMI Suit Against MP3tunes
• Supreme Court Delays Consideration of Cert Petition of Microsoft Counterfeiter
Alert No. 1,735, Monday,
• FCC Releases Details of 700 MHz Auction
• FCC Will Not Offer D Block in Auction 76
• EPIC Files FOIA Complaint Against FTC
• FTC Obtains $2.9 Million Fine Against Spammer
Alert No. 1,734,
Thursday, March 20.
• FCC Report Concludes Broadband Services Are Being Deployed in a Reasonable and Timely Fashion
• FCC Adopts Order Regarding Broadband Data Collection
• FCC Order Abrogates Property Owners' Contracts with Telcos
• FCC Closes 700 MHz Auction
• Rep. Markey Announces Hearing on 700 MHz Auction
• Bush Names Wainstein Top Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Advisor
Alert No. 1,733,
Wednesday, March 19.
• GAO Issues Report on IP Enforcement Trends
• FCC Delays Location Tracking Compliance Deadline
• FTC Issues Consent Order Regarding Restrictions on Web Publication of Real Estate Listing Agreements
• Amicus Groups Argue that Significant Purpose Standard for FISA Surveillance Orders Violates 4th Amendment
Alert No. 1,732,
Tuesday, March 18.
• 10th Circuit Reverses Nacchio's Conviction
• Supreme Court Grants Certiorari in FCC Fleeting Expletives Case
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Microsoft v. Novell
• 8th Circuit Affirms Injunction of State Regulation of Violent Video Games
Alert No. 1,731,
Monday, March 17.
• 7th Circuit Applies Section 230 Immunity in Craigslist Case
• Bush and House Democrats Remain Deadlocked on FISA Reform
Alert No. 1,730,
Wednesday, March 12.
• Bush Announces He Will Veto Latest House Democratic FISA Proposal
• DOJ Inspector General Releases Second Report on FBI Misuse of National Security Letters
• GAO Releases Report on FCC Enforcement Actions
• District Court Enjoins Spyware Distributor
Alert No. 1,729,
Tuesday, March 11.
• House May Consider FISA Bill
• FCC Announces Agenda for March 19 Meeting
• EC Approves Google DoubleClick Merger
• House Approves 911 Resolution
• FCC Files Opposition to Stay in Challenge to Its Latest Wireless E911 Location Tracking Mandates
Alert No. 1,728,
Monday, March 10.
• Martin Discusses Complaints Against Comcast and Verizon Wireless
Alert No. 1,727,
Wednesday, March 5.
• House Subcommittee Amends PRO-IP Act
• Barnett Discusses Foreign Application of Antitrust Law
Alert No. 1,726, Tuesday,
• House Delays Consideration of FISA Reform Bill
• Bush Executive Order Changes Intelligence Oversight Bodies
• 9th Circuit Overturns Criminal Sentence Not to Use Computers
Alert No. 1,725,
Monday, March 3.
• HCC Democrats Comment on Telecom Provisions of Bush's Budget
• New York Senate Passes Libel Terrorism Protection Act
• 2nd Circuit Affirms in Ehrenfeld v. Mahfouz
Alert No. 1,723,
Wednesday, February 27.
• 9th Circuit Holds that Licensed Karaoke Producer Has No Claims for Competitive Injuries Stemming From Infringement by Unlicensed Karaoke Producers
• eBay Settles with MercExchange
• Bush Nominates Members of New Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
• Paper Advocates Performance Right for Recording Artists
• DC Circuit Vacates FCC Order Regarding Birds and Towers
Alert No. 1,723, Tuesday,
• EC Demands More Money From Microsoft
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Darden v. Peters
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Convolve v. Seagate
• Court of Appeals Holds One Satisfaction Rule Applies in Copyright Cases
• CCIA Comments on FTC Letter Regarding Copyright Notices Complaint
Alert No. 1,722, Monday,
• Microsoft Announces Commitment to Open Connections
• Kroes Discusses EC's Global Regulation Goals
• Bush and Democrats Swap Insults Over Surveillance Bill
• Bain Drops Bid to Acquire 3Com in Face of CFIUS Review
Alert No. 1,721, Thursday,
• Representatives Trade Accusations Over Expiration of FISA Bill
• DOJ Permits Thomson's Acquisition of Reuters Subject to Divestiture of Financial Datasets
• Rep. Markey Introduces Network Neutrality Bill
• 7th Circuit Addresses Meaning of Prevailing Party under Section 505 of Copyright Act
Alert No. 1,720, Wednesday,
• Supreme Court Affirms in Rowe v. New Hampshire Motor Transport Association
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in ACLU v. NSA
• 6th Circuit Addresses Constitutionality of Surveillance Cameras in Public School Locker Rooms
Alert No. 1,719, Tuesday,
• Martin Writes Regarding DTV Transition and Analog Broadcasts of Low Power TV Stations
• FTC Releases Report on Consumer Fraud
• Protect America Act Expires
• 5th Circuit to Hold En Banc Review in Volkswagen Transfer Matter
Alert No. 1,718,
Thursday, February 14.
• Bush and House Democrats Continue Standoff Over Surveillance and Telco Immunity
• Inouye and Dingell Propose Interagency DTV Task Force
• EPIC Pursues FTC for Records Related to Majoras's Alleged Conflict of Interest
Alert No. 1,717,
Wednesday, February 13.
• Senate Passes Its FISA Bill, While House Rejects 21 Day Extension Bill
• DOJ Approves Bain/THL Clear Channel Acquisition Subject to Divestitures
• IIPA Submits Special 301 Comments
• Yahoo Writes Shareholders
Alert No. 1,716,
Tuesday, February 12.
• Senate Rejects Efforts to Remove Immunity Language from FISA Reform Bill
• FCC Releases Order and NPRM on Cable Ownership Cap
• Cable Programming Networks Challenge FCC's September Viewability Order
• SEC Pursues Securities Lawyer for E-Mail Pump and Dump Offerers
• CDT and PFF Criticize Pending Bills Related to Protecting Children Online
Alert No. 1,715,
Monday, February 11.
• Yahoo Asserts Microsoft Offer Undervalues Yahoo
• Bush Again Addresses FISA Reform
• Boucher and Goodlatte Again Introduce BAT Bill
• Cox Announces Tech Related Items on SEC's 2008 Agenda
Alert No. 1,714,
Friday, February 8.
• Bush and Leahy Trade Barbs over Delays in Confirmations
• Mukasey Testifies Regarding FISA Reform
• FCC Releases Text of Media Ownership Order
• FCC Sets Comments Deadlines for Forbearance NPRM
• FCC Sets Comments Deadlines for Pole Attachments NPRM
Alert No. 1,713,
Thursday, February 7.
• House to Consider Student Aid Bill with Peer to Peer Infringement Language
• House and Senate Pass Two Do Not Call Registry Bills
• FCC Releases Report on Wireless Competition
Alert No. 1,712,
Wednesday, February 6.
• Dudas Discusses Patent Reform
• House Commerce Committee to Examine Google DoubleClick and Microsoft Yahoo Mergers
• US Joins Trade Negotiations with P-4 Nations
• SEC's Sirri Discusses Dark ATSs
Alert No. 1,711, Tuesday, February 5.
• Bush Releases FY 2009 Budget Proposal
• Bush Releases Proposed Budget and Legislative Proposals for FCC
• Bush Releases Proposed Budget for USPTO
• Bush Administration Opposes Senate Version of Patent Reform Act
Alert No. 1,710, Monday,
• Microsoft Makes Offer to Acquire Yahoo
• Google Opposes Microsoft Bid for Yahoo
• House to Vote on Do Not Call Registry Fee Extension Act
• SEC Delays Sarbox 404 Implementation
• District Court Again Denies EFF's FOIA Request for DOJ Records on NSA Wiretapping
Alert No. 1,709, Friday,
• NTIA Report Praises Progress on Broadband Deployment
• Bush Advocates FISA Reform, Signs 15 Day Extension Bill
• Paper Argues PAA Presents Threat to Network Security
• SEC Commissioner Condemns SEC and DOJ Efforts to Weaken Attorney Client Privilege
Alert No. 1,708, Thursday,
• DHS Announces Minimal REAL ID Act Grants
• FTC Seeks Contempt Order Against MySpace Page Jackers
• FTC Sues Operator of Children's Web Site for Privacy Violations
• FTC Brings Action Against Fraudulent Spam Advertiser
• Jury Acquits Man of Unlawful Access to E-Mail of Others
Alert No. 1,707,
Wednesday, January 30.
• FCC Releases Three NPRMs Regarding Universal Service Subsidies
• District Court Extends Expiring Provisions of Final Judgments in Microsoft Antitrust Case
• Treasury's McCormick Discusses US-PRC Relations
• USTR Discusses Doha, Bilateral FTAs, TPA, and Russia
Alert No. 1,706, Tuesday,
• Bush Delivers State of the Union Address
• House Votes for 15 Day Extension of FISA Bill
• 10th Circuit Addresses Personal Jurisdiction in Copyright DJ Actions Following DMCA Take Down Notices
Alert No. 1,705, Monday,
• Copps Addresses Public Interest, Broadcast Licensing, and PSAs
Alert No. 1,704, Wednesday,
• Supreme Court Denies Certiorari in Wireless Line Item Billing Case
• Supreme Court Requests Solicitor General Brief in Telecom Antitrust Case
• OUSTR Puts Czech Republic on Watch List
• Bush Signs Secret Export Control Directives for Dual Use Items
• 7th Circuit Again Reverses in Makor v. Tellabs
• 9th Circuit Holds Arbitration Provisions in T-Mobile's Service Agreements Unenforceable in Washington State
Alert No. 1,703, Tuesday,
• 9th Circuit Addresses Privacy and Government Background Investigations of Private Sector Scientists
• 8th Circuit Addresses Offers to Distribute CP on P2P Systems
• OUSTR Seeks Special 301 Comments on Countries that Deny Adequate IPR Protection
Alert No. 1,702, Monday,
• 6th Circuit Addresses Arbitrability of Copyright Claims When Copyright Holder Has a Contractual Relationship with Infringer
• 10th Circuit Remands in NEHCEPF v. Woodruff and Nacchio
• USTR Schwab Addresses PRC Violations, Doha Negotiations, and Korea US FTA
• PFF Releases First Two Parts of Media Metrics Study
Alert No. 1,701, Wednesday,
• Supreme Court Rules in Stoneridge v. Scientific Atlanta
• 7th Circuit Addresses Choice of Forum and Bench Trial Clauses in Telecom Equipment Sales Contracts
• MySpace and State AGs Sign Document Regarding Online Safety
Alert No. 1,700, Tuesday,
• EC Again Targets Microsoft
• Barnett Addresses Application of Competition Law to Unilateral Conduct
• New York Announces Investigation of Intel
• 5th Circuit Rules No Personal Jurisdiction Over Out of State Regulator of Online Commerce
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Unsolicited Fax Case
Alert No. 1,699, Monday,
• Frontline Wireless Announces That It Is Closed For Business
• Martin Discusses Recent FCC Rules Changes
• DHS Releases REAL ID Regulations
Alert No. 1,698,
Wednesday, January 9.
• Apple Announces iTunes Price Drop in UK Following EC Antitrust Investigation
• USTR Schwab Addresses Trade in Electronics
Alert No. 1,697, Tuesday,
• House Commerce Committee Announces Investigation of FCC
• Bush Signs Bill Regarding Court Security and Federal Judgeships
• 5th Circuit Denies Attorneys Fees to Prevailing Defendant in P2P Music Case
Alert No. 1,696, Monday,
• Supreme Court Grants Certiorari in Case Regarding Private Rights of Action Under Communications Act
Alert No. 1,695, Friday,
• DOJ Prosecutes Operators of Pump and Dump Securities Scheme Under CAN-SPAM and CFAA
• Department of State Adopts Rules for Vicinity RFID Passport Cards
Alert No. 1,694, Thursday,
• James Assey Joins NCTA
• 9th Circuit Rules in Karaoke Copyright Case
• One More Opinion in Doe v. Chao
Alert No. 1,693, Wednesday,
• 5th Circuit Addresses Statute of Limitations in Internet Based Libel Case
• DC Circuit Rejects Challenges to FCC Junk Fax Rule
• Story Titles from July - December 2007.
• Story Titles from January - June 2007.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2006.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2006.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2005.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2005.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2004.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2004.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2003.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2003.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2002.