Story Titles from the Tech Law Journal Daily E-Mail Alert, by Issue.
January - June 2006
Alert No. 1,403, Friday, June 30.
• FCC Releases Order and NPRM Regarding VOIP and Universal Service Taxes
• House Approves Financial Data Resolution
• Privacy International Files Complaints Against US for Collection of Financial Data
Alert No. 1,402, Thursday, June 29.
• Senate Commerce Committee Approves Communications Bill
• House Approves CJS/Science/Tech Appropriations Bill
• DC Circuit Remands FCC Denial of SBC's Petition for Forbearance
• Senate Finance Committee Approves Tax Bill with Communications and Tech Provisions
Alert No. 1,401, Wednesday, June 28.
• Senate Commerce Committee Continues Mark Up of Communications Reform Bill
• House Begins Consideration of CJS/Science/Tech Appropriations Bill
• AG Gonzales Talks About International IPR Enforcement in Israel
• Cox Addresses Use of Technology to Empower Consumers and Investors
• Congressional Leaders Say No Doha Deal Is Better Than a Bad Deal
• Bush and Snow Criticize Reporting of Government Financial Data Program
Alert No. 1,400, Tuesday, June 27.
• Senate Commerce Committee to Continue Mark Up of Communications Bill
• Eliot Spitzer Urges Senate to Enact Net Neutrality Mandate
• FTC Advocates Open and Accessible Whois Database
Alert No. 1,399, Monday, June 26.
• Supreme Court Grants Cert in Bell Atlantic v. Twombly
• Supreme Court Grants Cert in Patent Obviousness Case
• Bush Issues Executive Order on Takings of Property by Federal Government
• VP Cheney Discusses Electronic Surveillance in Campaign Speech
Alert No. 1,398, Friday, June 23.
• Supreme Court Dismisses Writ of Certiorari in LabCorp v. Metabolite
• Senate Commerce Committee Begins Mark Up of Communications Reform Bill
Alert No. 1,397, Thursday, June 22.
• FCC to Tax Interconnected VOIP Service Providers
• FCC Adopts FNPRM on Rules Regulating Ownership of Media
Alert No. 1,396, Wednesday, June 21.
• Stevens Bill Includes Changes to FCC and Judicial Procedure
• WTO Panel Releases Report on US-EC Dispute Over LCD Monitors
Alert No. 1,395, Tuesday, June 20.
• Senate Commerce Committee Releases New Draft of Communications Reform Bill
• Atkins Says SEC Seeks More Rational Approach to Section 404
Alert No. 1,394, Monday, June 19.
• DC Circuit Upholds FCC's Unbundling Rules
• 2nd Circuit Holds No Misappropriation in Stock Market Indexes Case
• FCC Drops Multicast Must Carry Item
Alert No. 1,393, Friday, June 16.
• DOJ Sues to Block New Jersey Investigation of Phone Companies' Transfer of Phone Call Records
• House CIIP Subcommittee Holds Hearing on Patent Trolls
• House Subcommittee Holds Hearing on State Telecom Taxes
• USTR Seeks Comments IPR Protection in Various Locations in China
Alert No. 1,392, Thursday, June 15.
• FCC Announces Agenda for June 21 Meeting
• Senate Judiciary Committee Holds Hearing on Communications and Antitrust
• Cerf and Others Warn that FCC's CALEA Order Threatens Internet Security and Innovation
• 7th Circuit Affirms Sentences of eBay Fencers
Alert No. 1,391, Wednesday, June 14.
• Senate Commerce Committee Holds Hearing on Communications Reform Bill
• FCC Grants Petitions of BellSouth, Verizon & Qwest
• USPTO Seeks Further Comments on Patentable Subject Matter
• BIS's McCormick Addresses Regulation of Tech Exports to PR China
Alert No. 1,390, Tuesday, June 13.
• Supreme Court Requests Solicitor General Brief in Hatch v. Cellco Partnership
• 9th Circuit Affirms in Marder v. Lopez
• 8th Circuit Rules in Newspaper Freelance Case
• Sen. Specter Writes VP Cheney Regarding NSA Surveillance and Subpoenas
Alert No. 1,389, Monday, June 12.
• Sen. Stevens Discusses His Communications Bill
• SEC's Cox Discusses Regulation and Information
• Bernanke Outlines Theory of Tech Innovation, Innovation Policy, and Economic Growth
• PRC Minister of Commerce Defends Lack of IPR Enforcement
• EU's Mandelson Criticizes PRC for Failure to Enforce IPR
• Senate Confirms Schwab for USTR
Alert No. 1,388, Friday, June 9.
• House Approves COPE Act, Without Network Neutrality Amendment
• Court of Appeals Upholds All of FCC's CALEA Order
• CIIP Subcommittee Approves Section 115 Reform Act
Alert No. 1,387, Thursday, June 8.
• Rules Committee Adopts Rule for Consideration of COPE Act
• House Approves Broadcast Decency Enforcement Act
• 1st Circuit Affirms Section 253 Preemption of 5% of Gross Revenue Fee
Alert No. 1,386, Wednesday, June 7.
• CIIP May Mark Up SIRA
• NAB Wants FCC to Investigate Availability of Indecent Satellite Radio Content to Nonsubscribers
Alert No. 1,385, Tuesday, June 6.
• Full House Scheduled to Consider COPE Act
• McDowell Names Acting Legal Advisors
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Trade Protectionism Case
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Cingular v. Mendoza
Alert No. 1,384, Monday, June 5.
• Music Licensing, Satellite Radio, and Perform Act Debated
• Summary of the Sen. Feinstein's Perform Act
• Summary of the RIAA Complaint Against XM Satellite Radio
Alert No. 1,383, Friday, June 2.
• 11th Circuit Holds that Stored Communications Act Does Not Apply to Password Protected Discussion Web Site
• Copyright Office Raises Fees
Alert No. 1,382, Thursday, June 1.
• Chris Cox Discusses Interactive Data
• FCC Denies Petition for Reconsideration of CBS's Breast Broadcast Fine
• 9th Circuit Attempts to Explain Copyright Preemption
Alert No. 1,381, Wednesday, May 31.
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Online Freedom of Speech Case
• California Court of Appeal Rules in Apple Subpoena Case
• 1st Circuit Rules Federal Aviation Statute Preempts Part of Maine's Internet Tobacco Sales Statute
Alert No. 1,380, Monday, May 29.
• Bush, Cheney and Gonzales Discuss Terrorism and Surveillance
Alert No. 1,379, Friday, May 26.
• House Judiciary Committee Approves Net Neutrality Bill
• IRS Announces It Will Cease Its Illegal Collection of Excise Taxes on Phone Service
Alert No. 1,378, Thursday, May 25.
• Mark Up of Tech Related Bills
• House CIIP Subcommittee Approves Orphan Works Act of 2006
Alert No. 1,377, Wednesday, May 24.
• Rep. Smith Introduces Orphan Works Act of 2006
Alert No. 1,376, Tuesday, May 23.
• Reps. Issa and Schiff Introduce Bill to Create Pilot Program of Specialized Patent Judges
• BSA Releases Estimates of Piracy Rates and Loses in 97 Nations
• 9th Circuit Rules in Quicken Loans v. Wood
Alert No. 1,375, Monday, May 22.
• Sensenbrenner and Conyers Introduce Net Neutrality Bill
• Snowe and Dorgan Introduce Net Neutrality Bill
• Milberg Weiss Indicted for Paying Illegal Kickbacks to Class Action Plaintiffs
• Rep. Wexler Introduces Resolution Requesting DOJ to Provide Records Regarding NSA and Phone Records
Alert No. 1,374, Friday, May 19.
• Tate Discusses Role of Telecom Regulators
• SEC Official Predicts XBRL Based Algorithmic Securities Trading
• Bush Nominates Kimberly Moore for Federal Circuit
Alert No. 1,373, Thursday, May 18.
• 9th Circuit Addresses Fair Use and Essential Step Defenses in Software Infringement Case
• Supreme Court Denies Certiorari in P2P Music Infringement Case
Alert No. 1,372, Wednesday, May 17.
• House Judiciary Committee to Consider Data Retention Mandate
• Bush Addresses Government Surveillance
• BellSouth and Verizon Attack USA Today Story
Alert No. 1,371, Tuesday, May 16.
• Supreme Court Rules on Availability of Injunctive Relief in Patent Cases
• Copps Releases Statement Regarding Privacy
Alert No. 1,370, Monday, May 15.
• FCC Reports Another Decline in Phone Subscribership
• House Democrats Write Regarding NSA Phone Records Database and Phone Privacy
Alert No. 1,369, Friday, May 12.
• Bush Responds to USA Today Story Regarding NSA Database of Phone Calls
• 7th Circuit Rules in Case Regarding Installation of Fiber Optic Cable in RR ROW
Alert No. 1,368, Thursday, May 11.
• House Republicans Introduce Bill to Expand CIPA to Include Chat Rooms and Social Networking Sites
• DOJ Asserts That It Lacks Security Clearance to Investigate Itself
• Judge Luttig Resigns
Alert No. 1,367, Wednesday, May 10.
• IRS Loses Another Frivolous Appeal Regarding Telephone Excise Tax
Alert No. 1,366, Tuesday, May 9.
• GAO Reports that Section 404 of Sarbanes Oxley Burdens Small Public Companies
• Sens. Cornyn and Lieberman Introduce Bill to Make Federally Funded Research Available to the Public
• Sen. Cornyn Introduces SKIL Act
Alert No. 1,365, Monday, May 8.
• Court of Appeals Hears Oral Argument in Challenge to FCC's August 5 CALEA Order
• FCC Further Amends CALEA Statute
• Commentary: Administrative Process and the FCC
• Gonzales Says Foreign Governments Should Have Access to Information Collected under Data Retention Mandate
• House Commerce Committee Considers Data Retention Mandate
Alert No. 1,364, Friday, May 5.
• House Crime Subcommittee Approves Internet Gambling Prohibition Act
• Commerce Committee Democrats Write Statement on COPE Act
• Sensenbrenner and Grassley Introduce Bills to Create Judicial Branch Inspector General
Alert No. 1,363, Wednesday, May 3.
• Rep. Markey Introduces Network Neutrality Bill
• Rep. Conyers Introduces Bill to Create National Commission on Surveillance
Alert No. 1,362, Tuesday, May 2.
• Stevens Introduces Telecom Reform Bill
• Section by Section Summary of Sen. Stevens' Telecom Reform Bill
Alert No. 1,361, Monday, May 1.
• 2nd Circuit Rules Against IRS on Excise Tax on Phone Service
• Chertoff Defends Extrajudicial Surveillance of Electronic Communications
• 8th Circuit Addresses When Insurance Policies Cover Governmental Actions for Privacy Violations
• More on the House Commerce Committee Mark Up of the COPE Act.
Alert No. 1,360, Friday, April 28.
• Amendment by Amendment Summary of Full Committee Mark Up of COPE Act
• GAO Reports on Possibility of Collapse of Doha Round
Alert No. 1,359, Thursday, April 27.
• House Commerce Committee Approves COPE Act
• FCC to Consider CALEA Statute on May 3
• Portman Says There Will Be A Seamless Transition at USTR
Alert No. 1,358, Wednesday, April 26.
• House Judiciary Committee Holds Hearing on Network Neutrality
• House Commerce Committee Begins Mark Up of COPE Bill
• Cox Testifies Regarding Interactive Data
• Bush Renominates Martin
Alert No. 1,357, Tuesday, April 25.
• Gonzales Proposes Data Retention Mandate, Web Site Labeling, and Ban on Deceptive Source Code
• FCC Issues Notice Regarding Procedures for Transition of the 1710-1755 MHz Band
• House Commerce Committee to Mark Up COPE Act
Alert No. 1,356, Monday, April 24.
• U.S. Trade Official Frustrated With Doha Negotiations
• EC Court of First Instance Begins Hearing of Microsoft Appeal
• WTO Releases Trade Policy Review of PR China
• Bush Continues His ACA Pitch
• More Fraud in the FCC's E-Rate Program
Alert No. 1,355, Friday, April 21.
• Hu Says PR China Will Strengthen Intellectual Property Rights and Increase Market Access
• Bush Discusses Research Funding, R&D Tax Credit, and STEM Education
• NSF Creates STEM Commission
Alert No. 1,354, Thursday, April 20.
• Federal Circuit Rules in Software Patent Case
• 11th Circuit Rules in Florida UNE Case
Alert No. 1,353, Wednesday, April 19.
• Bush Picks Schwab to be USTR
• Bush Discusses His American Competitiveness Initiative
• Bush Creates National Mathematics Advisory Panel
• Appeals Court Holds Indirect Purchasers Cannot Pursue Microsoft on Antitrust Claims
Alert No. 1,352, Tuesday, April 18.
• FTC Settles CAN-SPAM Act Case
• Supreme Court Addresses Electronic Filings and Discovery of Electronically Stored Information
• Supreme Court Prohibits Prohibitions on Citation of Unpublished Opinions
Alert No. 1,351, Monday, April 17.
• CBS Challenges FCC's Indecency Actions
• DOJ Official States That IP Rights and Enforcement Lead to Innovation
Alert No. 1,350, Friday, April 14.
• DC Circuit Rules in Case Regarding Deemed Lawful Tariffs
• Antitrust Division Sues Qualcomm for Acquisition Gun Jumping
• FTC Comments on Florida Bill Affecting Internet Wine Sales
Alert No. 1,349, Thursday, April 13.
• FCC Adopts Procedures for AWS Auction
• FCC Adopts Rules Changes for BRS and EBS
• PR China's Vice Premier Offers Minimal Assurances Regarding IPR Theft
• US and Peru Sign Trade Agreement
Alert No. 1,348, Wednesday, April 12.
• Reps. Inslee and Blackburn Introduce White Space Bill
• Senate Democrats Introduce Call Center Location Disclosure Bill
Alert No. 1,347, Tuesday, April 11.
• State Department Official Addresses IPR and Trade in Brazil
• Former Bush Administration Official Lauds Virtues of Governments' Censorship of Internet Communications
Alert No. 1,346, Monday, April 10.
• USTR Report Identifies Barriers to Telecom Trade
• FCC to Meet on April 12
• GAO Releases Privacy Analysis of Government Use of Information Resellers
Alert No. 1,345, Friday, April 7.
• Adelstein Decries Fake News
• FCC Amends Junk Fax Rules
• Reps. Terry and Boucher Introduce Universal Service Bill
• Reps. Boucher and Berman Introduce Patent Reform Bill
Alert No. 1,344, Thursday, April 6.
• House Subcommittee Approves COPE Act
• House Subcommittee Rejects Network Neutrality Amendment
• Amendment by Amendment Summary of Subcommittee Mark Up of COPE Act
Alert No. 1,343, Wednesday, April 5.
• New York State Sues Spyware Distributor
• Martin Discusses Newspaper Broadcast Cross Ownership Rule
Alert No. 1,342, Tuesday, April 4.
• FCC Reports on Broadband Penetration
• FCC Releases Report on Local Phone Competition
• Rep. Goodlatte Introduces Design Protection Bill
Alert No. 1,341, Monday, April 3.
• House Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet Holds Hearing on COPE Act
• Summary of COPE Act
• Sen. Schumer Introduces Bill to Expedite Supreme Court Review of NSA Intercept Program
• Sen. Bennett Introduces Bill Regarding Sale of Contact Lenses
Alert No. 1,340, Friday, March 31.
• Senate Commerce Committee Approves Phone Records Bill
• 2nd Circuit Rules FCC Has Primary Jurisdiction in Media Cross Ownership Matter
• 4th Circuit Holds Release and Covenant Not to Sue Extends to WIPO Domain Name Actions
Alert No. 1,339, Thursday, March 30.
• CompTel Seeks Judicial Review of FCC's Granting of Verizon Petition for Forbearance
• Senate Commerce Committee Holds Hearing on Basic Research
• House Science Committee Debates Commerce Department's Outsourcing Study
• Court of Appeals Holds that Rep. McDermott Violated Wiretap Act
Alert No. 1,338, Wednesday, March 29.
• GAO Reports on Offshoring by Federally Funded Agencies
• U.S. Chamber of Commerce Study Ranks State Court Systems
• Copyright Office to Hold Hearings on Exemptions to Anti-Circumvention Provisions
Alert No. 1,337, Tuesday, March 28.
• Committee to Hold Hearing on National Cable Franchising, Net Neutrality, and VOIP/E911 Bill
• DOJ Responds to House Judiciary Committee Questions Regarding NSA's Extra-Judicial Surveillance
• Supreme Court Denies Certiorari in NY Times v. Hatfill
Alert No. 1,336, Monday, March 27.
• Supreme Court Rules in Georgia v. Randolph
• Federal Election Commission to Consider Internet Speech Rules
Alert No. 1,335, Thursday, March 23.
• House Commerce Committee to Mark Up DATA Bill
• WTO Releases U.S. Trade Policy Review
Alert No. 1,334, Wednesday, March 22.
• FCC Announces that Verizon Petition for Forbearance is Deemed Granted
• Verizon Seeks Access to Cablevision Programming
• SEC Chairman Cox Addresses Internet Proxy Proposal
• Supreme Court Rules in SLUSA Pre-emption Case
• Bhatia Addresses Threat of Protectionism in US and China
Alert No. 1,333, Tuesday, March 21.
• FBI Loses More Computers
• DISA's IPv6 Transition Chief Indicted for P2P Porn on Office Computer
• CIIP Subcommittee to Hold Hearings on Revisions to Patent Law
• Senate Commerce Committee Holds Hearing on Innovation and Competitiveness
Alert No. 1,332, Monday, March 20.
• USTR Portman Discusses Trade and IPR in China
• DUSTR Bhatia Discusses Trade Talks with Malaysia
• Copps Announces Staff Changes
• FCC Creates Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau
• FCC Adopts Further NPRM Re Children's Programming Obligations
• FCC Adopts NPRM Re Public Safety Communications in the 700 MHz Band
• FCC Releases Indecency Orders
Alert No. 1,331, Friday, March 17.
• Bush Signs Anti-Counterfeiting Bill
• Sen. Snowe Introduces Bill to Protect Terrestrial Radio Broadcasters
• Retransmission Consent Rules Debated
• Adelstein Addresses DTV Transition
Alert No. 1,330, Thursday, March 16.
• House Financial Services Committee Approves Internet Gambling Bill
• House Judiciary Committee Creates Task Force on Telecom and Antitrust
• House Judiciary Committee Approves Bayh-Dole Resolution
• HJC Approves Bill to Allow USPTO to Waive Statutory Requirements After Disasters
Alert No. 1,329, Tuesday, March 14.
• Pulver Asks FCC to Require Greater Number Porting in Emergencies
• House Financial Services Committee to Mark Up Internet Gambling Bill
• Texas Sues to Shut Down Unlicensed Online Payment Service
Alert No. 1,328, Monday, March 13.
• FCC Announces Agenda for March 17 Event
• SEC to Hold Series of Roundtable Meetings on XBRL
• Bush Discusses R&D and Innovation
• Rep. Gallegly to Retire
• DHS Data Privacy and Integrity Advisory Committee Releases Report
• DOJ and FCC to Create National Security Units
• Bush Picks Wainstein to be AAG for New National Security Division
Alert No. 1,327, Friday, March 10.
• Bush Signs PATRIOT Act Extension Bills
• Senate Approves Trademark Dilution Revision Act
• New York Sues Entercom for Selling Airtime
• FBI Investigates FEC for Fraud and Corruption
• CDT Releases Proposed Bill to Limit the FEC's Authority to Regulate Online Speech
Alert No. 1,326, Thursday, March 9.
• House CIIP Subcommittee Holds Hearing on Orphan Works
• 7th Circuit Applies Computer Hacking Statute to Use of Trace Removers on Employee Laptops
Alert No. 1,325, Wednesday, March 8.
• House Approves Stop Counterfeiting in Manufactured Goods Act
• House Approves S 2271
• FCC Releases NPRM on M-LMS Systems
• Gonzales Discusses Electronic Surveillance and Data Sharing
• House Judiciary Committee Approves Amendment Regarding Jurisdiction of Federal Circuit
Alert No. 1,324, Tuesday, March 7.
• Sen. Specter Introduces Further PATRIOT Act Related Bill
• Sen. Wyden Introduces Net Neutrality Bill
• Reaction to AT&T BellSouth Merger
• AEI Paper Urges Quicker SEC Development of XBRL for GAAP
Alert No. 1,323, Monday, March 6.
• AT&T and BellSouth Announce Merger
• Internet Companies Write House Commerce Committee Regarding Net Neutrality
• Microsoft Denies Vista Will Include Back Door for Government Agencies
• AEI Brookings Study Criticizes Proposals to Regulate Ratings Companies
• Microsoft Accuses EC of Secret Collaboration with Microsoft Adversaries
• RIM and NTP Settle Blackberry Related Patent Litigation
• PFF Paper Advocates Empowering Authors
Alert No. 1,322, Friday, March 3.
• Senate Approves Bill to Extend Expiring Provisions of PATRIOT Act
• House Judiciary Committee Approves IP Jurisdiction Bill
• NTIA Releases Report on DTV Susceptibility to UWB Interference
• USTR Releases 2005 Trade Report
• Bush Discusses Globalization and Outsourcing
• Bush and Singh Release Statements Re Trade, IPR and Innovation
Alert No. 1,321, Thursday, March 2.
• Supreme Court Vacates in Patent Tying Antitrust Case
• Senate Approves S 2271
• Library of Congress Comments Section 108 Exemptions and Book Scanning
Alert No. 1,320, Wednesday, March 1.
• Supreme Court Reverses in Texaco v. Dagher
• Senate Invokes Cloture on PATRIOT Act Amendments Bill
Alert No. 1,319, Tuesday, February 28.
• District Court Rules in Perfect 10 v. Google
• SEC's Glassman Addresses XBRL
Alert No. 1,318, Monday, February 27.
• Library of Congress to Examine Digital Copying Under Section 108
Alert No. 1,317, Friday, February 24.
• 10th Circuit Holds FDA Can Obtain Disgorgement of Profits from Drug Importer
• DHS Cracks Down on Importation of Prescription Drugs
• Montgomery County, Maryland, Sues FDA Over Importation of Drugs
• CDT Advocates New Protections Against Government Intrusions on Privacy
Alert No. 1,316, Thursday, February 23.
• SEC Settles with KPMG Partners in Suit Regarding Xerox Audits
• EPIC Argues Attorneys Who Hire Phone Data Pretexters Violate State Bar Rules
• Portman and Mandelson Discuss Doha, IPR and PR China
• WTO DG Lamy Discusses Status of Doha Round
Alert No. 1,315, Wednesday, February 22.
• Court Grants Cert in Case Involving Whether Patent Licensee in Good Standing Can Challenge Validity
• Senate Approves Bill to Criminalize Trafficking in Counterfeit Marks
• Commerce Department Releases Report on IPv6
Alert No. 1,314, Tuesday, February 21.
• Sen. Allen Introduces Bill to Allow Unlicensed Wireless Use of Broadcast White Space
• Congressional Committees Hold Hearings on Trade
• District Court Issues Order Regarding FOIA Request for DOJ/NSA Record
Alert No. 1,313, Monday, February 20.
• IG Report Criticizes Treasury Department's Communications Procurement Program
• 9th Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Class Action Suit Against Directv for Sending Signal Theft Demand Letters
• 5th Circuit Addresses Personal Jurisdiction in IPR Cases
• Utah Supreme Court Addresses Personal Jurisdiction Based upon Sending E-Mail
• 4th Circuits Holds that Governors Can Blacklist Reporters Without Violating Section 1983
Alert No. 1,312, Friday, February 17.
• House Commerce Committee Seeks Information from Phone Data Brokers
• FCC Fines Behringer USA for Making Unauthorized Digital Audio Devices
• Bush Awards National Medals of Technology and Science
• House Democrats Promote Their Innovation Agenda
• Commentary: National Medal of Technology Program
Alert No. 1,311, Thursday, February 16.
• AG Gonzales Discusses DOJ Activities
• Bernanke Testifies Regarding Tech and Economy
• House Subcommittee Holds Hearing on Electronic Payments System
Alert No. 1,310, Wednesday, February 15.
• USTR Release Report on Trade with China
• FCC Rulemaking Proceeding on CPNI May Extend to Internet Protocol Services
Alert No. 1,309, Tuesday, February 14.
• WTO Appellate Body Upholds Panel Report on AJCA
• Sen. Burns Introduces Bill to Expand Universal Service Programs
• Sen. Stevens Discusses State and Local Regulation and Franchising
Alert No. 1,308, Monday, February 13.
• FCC Adopts NPRM Regarding Privacy of Consumer Phone Records
• Rep. Smith Introduces Bill to Criminalize Pretexting to Obtain Consumer Phone or VOIP Records
• Texas Sues Seller of Consumers' Phone Records
• FCC Describes Annual Report on Video Competition
• NAB Seeks Changes of Broadcast/Newspaper Cross-Ownership and Television Duopoly Rules
Alert No. 1,307, Friday, February 10.
• Republican Senators Announce Agreement on PATRIOT Act Extension
• FCC Report Reevaluates A La Carte Video Programming
• PFF Paper Recommends Loser Pays Rule in Patent Litigation
Alert No. 1,306, Thursday, February 9.
• Martin Discusses Network Neutrality
• Rep. Wilson Advocates Updating of FISA
• Senate Judiciary Committee Holds Hearing on NSA Surveillance
Alert No. 1,305, Wednesday, February 8.
• Senators Debate Net Neutrality Mandate
Alert No. 1,304, Tuesday, February 7.
• Bush Nominates Robert McDowell to Be FCC Commissioner
• Bush Signs Bill Extending Sunset Date of PATRIOT Act Provisions
• FCC to Host Event in Keller Texas
Alert No. 1,303, Friday, February 3.
• US and Korea to Negotiate Free Trade Agreement
• Congress Enacts DTV Transition Legislation
Alert No. 1,302, Thursday, February 2.
• House Approves Further Extension of Expiring Sections of PATRIOT Act
• Bush Discusses NSA Surveillance in Nashville Speech
• Copyright Office Recommends Orphan Works Legislation
Alert No. 1,301, Wednesday, February 1.
• Bush Announces American Competitiveness Agenda
Alert No. 1,300, Tuesday, January 31.
• DOJ Brings Another DRAM Price Fixing Action
• ICANN Seeks Comments on Settlement of Litigation with VeriSign
• Microsoft Offers to License Certain Windows Server Source Code
Alert No. 1,299, Monday, January 30.
• 1st Circuit Rules in Trademark Case
• Rep. Davis Writes USPTO Regarding NTP Patents and Patent Process
• Duster Bhatia Addresses PR China, IPR and Trade
Alert No. 1,298, Friday, January 27.
• FTC Sues ChoicePoint for Sale of Consumer Data to Identity Thieves
• Korea Relaxes Trade Barriers to Foreign Movies
• Bush Asserts Power to Use Technology to Protect the American People
Alert No. 1,297, Thursday, January 26.
• Bush Nominates Bradbury for OLC
• Bush Nominates Kavanaugh for DC Circuit
• Bush Nominates Chagares for 3rd Circuit
• Rep. Conyers Writes Communications and IT Companies Re Government Surveillance and Customer Data
• House Commerce Committee Leaders Request Information from FCC Re CPNI Compliance
Alert No. 1,296, Wednesday, January 25.
• AG Gonzales Defends Legality of NSA E-Surveillance Program
Alert No. 1,295, Tuesday, January 24.
• Supreme Court Denies Certiorari in Blackberry Patent Case
• Supreme Court Rules in State Sovereign Immunity Case
• GAO Releases Report on Impact of Internet Tax Moratorium
• Bush Defends NSA Electronic Surveillance Program
• Gen. Hayden Defends NSA E-Surveillance Program
• EPIC Files FOIA Complaint Against DOJ for Records Related to NSA Domestic Terrorist E-Surveillance
• ACLU Sues NSA to Enjoin Domestic Terrorist E-Surveillance
Alert No. 1,294, Monday, January 23.
• Sen. Schumer Introduces Consumer Telephone Records Protection Act
• Sen. Durbin Introduces Phone Records Protection Act
• FCC Issues Citations for Failure to Respond to Subpoenas for Records Regarding Illegal Transfer of Consumers' Phone Data
• 9th Circuit Rules in Cell Tower Case
• FTC Sues Company for Submitting False Data to Credit Reporting Agencies
Alert No. 1,293, Friday, January 20.
• President Bush Addresses Municipal Broadband
• U.S. and Oman Sign FTA
Alert No. 1,292, Thursday, January 19.
• Supreme Court Vacates in Will v. Hallock
• Rep. Barton and Sen. Stevens Comment on Sale of Customer Phone Data
• FCC to Investigate Sale of Customer Phone Data
• State Department Official Discusses IPR, Free Trade, and Internet Regulation
• Cox Says Interactive Data Will Democratize Financial Information and Analysis
• Rice and Chertoff Discuss Visas
Alert No. 1,291, Tuesday, January 17.
• Sen. Reid Asks FCC to Investigate Sale of Consumer Phone Data
• 9th Circuit Rules in § 253 Cases Brought by Qwest Against Local Governments
Alert No. 1,290, Monday, January 16.
• 4th Circuit Rules in Trademark Infringement and Dilution Case
• NAB Opposes Encryption at Source Mandate for Digital Radio
Alert No. 1,289, Friday, January 13.
• 9th Circuit En Banc Panel Rules Against Yahoo in French Internet Censorship Case
Alert No. 1,288, Thursday, January 12.
• 9th Circuit Rules On Availability of Injunctive Relief in Copyright Case
• SEC Seeks Companies to Participate in Interactive Data Test Group
• Bush Discusses NSA Surveillance and PATRIOT Act
Alert No. 1,287, Wednesday, January 11.
• Law Professors Assert That NSA Electronic Surveillance Program Violates Law
Alert No. 1,286, Tuesday, January 10.
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Texas Spam Blocking Case
• Supreme Court Denies Certiorari in EC v. RJR Nabisco
• Supreme Court Seeks SG Brief in Patent Case Involving Inherent Anticipation
Alert No. 1,285, Monday, January 9.
• Copyright Royalty Board Commences Proceedings
• CEA's Shapiro Addresses Tech Policy
Alert No. 1,284, Friday, January 6.
• Richard Epstein Criticizes HR 1201
• Bush Signs DOJ Reauthorization Bill
Alert No. 1,283, Thursday, January 5.
• SEC Fines McAfee $50 Million
Alert No. 1,282, Wednesday, January 4.
• Bush and U.S. Attorneys Advocate Enactment of Conference Report on PATRIOT Act Extension
• Story Titles from July - December, 2005.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2005.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2004.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2004.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2003.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2003.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2002.