Story Titles from the Tech Law
Journal Daily E-Mail Alert, by Issue.
January - June, 2015.
Alert No. 2,748, Tuesday, June 30.
• 2nd Circuit Affirms in Apple E-Books Case
Alert No. 2,747, Monday, June 29.
• USPTO Announces Filing Window for Applications for Patents for Humanity Awards
• DC Circuit Upholds Copyright Royalty Distribution
• CRJs Commence Proceeding to Set Royalty Rates for the Cable Statutory License
• Supreme Court Rules in Commil v. Cisco
• More IPR News
Alert No. 2,746, Friday, June 26.
• Congress Passes TPA Bill
• IRS Advisory Committee Reports on E-Filings and E-Service
• USPTO Announces Expedited Patent Appeal Pilot
• OSTP Wants Information
Alert No. 2,745, Tuesday, June 23.
• House Passes DOTCOM Act
• House Passes DHS IT Duplication Reduction Act
• Congressional Committees Hold Hearings on OPM Data Breach
• The Intercept Reports that NSA and GCHQ Reverse Engineer Security Software of Kaspersky and other Companies
Alert No. 2,744, Monday, June 22.
• House Judiciary Committee Approves Digital Goods and Services Tax Fairness Act
• House Judiciary Committee Approves Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act
• House Judiciary Committee Approves Business Activity Simplification Act
• Table II. Comparison of the Innovation Act and PATENT Act: Demand Letter Practices
• Table IV. Comparison of the Innovation Act and PATENT Act: Amendments to Title 35 That Are Unrelated to Abusive Practices
Alert No. 2,743, Wednesday, June 17.
• FCC Fines AT&T Mobility $100 Million
• House Commerce Committee Approves DOTCOM Act
• Comparison of the Innovation Act and PATENT Act
• Table I. Comparison of the Innovation Act and PATENT Act: Litigation in the District Court
Alert No. 2,742, Friday, June 12.
• Trade Promotion Authority Legislation Stalls in House
• Senate Rejects Proposal to Add Cyber Security Information Sharing Bill to Defense Bill
• Senate Passes DHS Interoperable Communications Act
Alert No. 2,741, Wednesday, June 10.
• DC Circuit Denies Stay But Grants Expediting of Challenge to FCC BIAS Regulation Order
• House Appropriations Subcommittee Bill Would Prevent FCC from Implementing BIAS Regulation Order Until After Legal Challenges
• House Judiciary Committee Approves Innovation Act
Alert No. 2,740, Tuesday, June 9.
• House Passes Permanent Internet Tax Freedom Act
• GAO Releases Report on Broadband Adoption
• House Commerce Subcommittee Approves DOTCOM Act
Alert No. 2,739, Monday, June 8.
• Senate May Pass Cyber Security Information Sharing Bill as Part of NDAA
• Summary of Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act
• Kaspersky Lab Reports Advanced Cyber Attacks
Alert No. 2,738, Friday, June 5.
• House to Vote on Making ITFA Permanent
• DHS Seeks Comments on Cyber Security Information Sharing
• DHS and Social Media Monitoring
• ODNI Creates New Systems of Records
• More News
Alert No. 2,737, Thursday, June 4.
• Snowden Provides Documents Related to NSA Use of Section702 Authority to Surveil Cyber Intruders
• OPM Announces Data Breach
• Senate Judiciary Committee Approves PATENT Act
Alert No. 2,736, Wednesday, June 3.
• House Passes Commerce Justice Science Appropriations Bill
• Highlights of House FY 2016 CJS Appropriations Bill
• Appropriations Bill Cuts Funding for Relinquishing Domain Name System Oversight
• House Judiciary Subcommittee Holds Hearing on ICANN
• BIS Rules Changes Would Affect Software, Electronic Storage and Research
Alert No. 2,735, Tuesday, June 2.
• Senate Passes USA FREEDOM Act
• Acquisitions to Increase Concentration in Semiconductor Markets
• Sen. Grassley Releases Revised Version of PATENT Act
Alert No. 2,734, Monday, June 1.
• Three Surveillance Provisions Expire
• Solicitor General Opposes Granting Cert in Google v. Oracle
Alert No. 2,733, Friday, May 28.
• Silk Road Founder Sentenced to Life in Prison
• House Commerce Committee Investigates Cyber Security in Cars
• Sen. Grassley Writes IRS Regarding Theft of Taxpayer Information
• Groups Criticize Sen. Feinstein's and Sen. Burr's Surveillance Bills
• List of Bills Related to NSA Bulk Phone Records Program
Alert No. 2,732, Thursday, May 28.
• Sen. Feinstein Introduces FISA Reform Act
• Sen. Grassley Writes SEC Regarding Fake Online Filings
• NIST Seeks Comments on Making Federal Laboratory Stuff Accessible Via Social Media
• US China Commission Releases Report on PRC's Pursuit of FTAs
• Former Rep. Denny Hastert Indicted for Structuring Transactions
Alert No. 2,731, Wednesday, May 27.
• IRS Discloses Long Running Data Breach
• BIS Proposes Regulation of Intrusion Software Exports
• Charter Communications and Time Warner Cable Announce Merger Plans
• Rep. Goodlatte and Sen. Leahy Again Urge Senate to Pass USA PATRIOT Act
• Obama's Press Secretary Urges Senate to Pass USA PATRIOT Act
Alert No. 2,730, Tuesday, May 26.
• Senate Passes Trade Promotion Authority Bill
• TPA, Free Trade and Technology
• Prospects for House Passage of a TPA Bill
Alert No. 2,729, Monday, May 25.
• House Committee Approves IPAWS Bill
• More House Homeland Security Committee Bills
• Senate Banking Committee Approves Financial Regulatory Improvement Act
• Sen. Leahy Again Introduces Bill to Provide for Alienable USPTO Acceleration Certificates
• Commentary: Preferential Treatment in the Patent Process
• More Legislative News
Alert No. 2,728, Saturday, May 23.
• Senate Recesses Without Passing Surveillance Bill, But Will Return on May 31
• Analysis of the Senate Votes on the Surveillance Bills
• House Unlikely to Pass a Straight Extension Bill
• Reaction to Senate's Failure to Pass a Surveillance Bill
• More Surveillance News
Alert No. 2,727, Thursday, May 21.
• Sen. Burr Floats Secret Alternative Surveillance Bill
• Senate Commerce Committee Approves E-Warranty Bill
• Sen. Udall Introduces Bill to Allow ICT Trade with Cuba
• Senate Foreign Relations Committee Holds Hearing on US Cuba Trade
• Highlights of President Obama's December 17, 2014 Speech on US Cuba Relations
Alert No. 2,726, Wednesday, May 20.
• Senate Continues Consideration of Trade Promotion Authority Bill
• Update on NSA Bulk Phone Data Collection Program
• House Passes Research Funding Bill
• Research Funding Reauthorization Bill Removes NSA's Statutory Role in Setting Security Standards
• Senate Judiciary Committee Holds Over Consideration of PATENT Act
Alert No. 2,725, Tuesday, May 19.
• Sen. Paul Filibusters Extension of Bulk Phone Records Surveillance Program
• House Approves Bill to Make R&D Tax Credit Permanent
Alert No. 2,724, Monday, May 18.
• House Passes USA FREEDOM Act
• Summary of the USA FREEDOM Act
• Senate to Consider Surveillance Bills
Alert No. 2,723, Tuesday, May 5.
• 2nd Circuit Holds NSA Bulk Telephone Data Program Is Not Authorized by Section 215
• Section 215 and the NSA's Bulk Telephone Data Program
• Reaction to 2nd Circuit's Opinion on Section 215
Alert No. 2,722, Monday, May 4.
• Senators Introduce PATENT Act
• Summary of S 1137, the PATENT Act
Alert No. 2,721, Wednesday, April 15.
• Trade Promotion Authority Bills Introduced
• TPA Bill Provisions Regarding Intellectual Property, Digital Trade, and Cross Border Data Flows
Alert No. 2,720, Monday, April 13.
• EC Antitrust Regulators Target Google's Search and Android Practices
• Conclusions of the FTC's Staff Report Regarding Google
• Reaction to the EC's Google Announcement
Alert No. 2,719, Monday, March 2.
• Obama Releases Draft Bill to Regulate Private Sector Privacy Related Practices
• Summary of President Obama's Draft Privacy Bill
• Reaction to President Obama's Draft Privacy Bill
• Commentary: Impact of Obama's Draft Privacy Bill Freedom of Speech or of the Press
Alert No. 2,718, Friday,
• FISC Adopts But Does Not Release Order Extending Bulk Data Collection Program
• House Judiciary Committee Takes Up Internet Gambling
Alert No. 2,717, Thursday,
• Senate Judiciary Committee Approves Lynch to Be Attorney General
• House Judiciary Committee to Mark Up Bill to Make E-Verify Mandatory
• FCC Declines 2nd Circuit's Request for Its Interpretation of TCPA
Alert No. 2,716, Wednesday,
• FCC Adopts But Does Not Release Internet Regulation Order
• FCC Adopts But Does Not Release Order Regarding Municipal Broadband
• Senate Judiciary Committee Approves Lee to Be Head of USPTO
• USPTO Seeks Comments on Patent Quality
• Jury Awards $532.9 Million in Patent Infringement Action Against Apple
• DOJ Issues Business Review Letter to IEEE Regarding Update to Patent Policy
• More Patent News
• More People and Appointments
Alert No. 2,715, Tuesday,
• House Commerce Committee Holds Hearing on FCC's Forthcoming BIAS Order
• Sen. Grassley Addresses Skilled Tech Worker Visas
Alert No. 2,714, Tuesday,
• House Again Approves FCC Consolidated Reporting Act
• House Approves STEM Education Act
• FCC Commissioner O'Reilly Condemns FCC BIAS Order in Advance
• FDA Announces and Seeks Comments on Proposed Regulation of Medical Software, Apps, Systems, Storage, and Devices
• FTC Announces Revised Ten Year Regulatory Review Schedule
Alert No. 2,713, Thursday,
• House Commerce Committee Republicans Write Wheeler Regarding Lack of Openness at FCC
• Sen. Nelson Writes FTC and FCC Regarding Verizon's Use of Persistent Web Identifiers
• Bills Introduced to Address Copyright, Same Sex Marriages, and Widowhood
• Poll Finds Most People Do Not Know What Net Neutrality Is and Do Not Support Utility Regulation of Internet
Alert No. 2,712, Wednesday,
• Senators Introduce Bill to Allow Government Entities to Trademark Their Flags and Insignia
• Rep. Honda Introduces Redskins Trademark Bill
• Representatives Introduce Foreign Counterfeit Merchandise Prevention Act
Alert No. 2,711, Tuesday,
• Copyright Office Releases Report on Music Licensing
• Rep. Farenthold Re-Introduces Bill to Extend First Sale Doctrine to Computer Programs that Run Machines
Alert No. 2,710, Monday,
• Sen. Heller Again Introduces FCC Process Reform Act
• FCC Consolidated Reporting Act Re-Introduced
• House Again Passes Regulatory Accountability Act
• Rep. Latta Introduces Bill to Require FCC to Analyze Costs and Benefits in Rulemakings
Alert No. 2,709, Thursday,
• FCC to Reclassify Broadband As A Title II Service
• Summary of the FCC Document Regarding Forthcoming Internet Regulation
• Congressional Reaction to Wheeler's Internet Regulation Proposal
• More Reaction to Wheeler's Internet Regulation Proposal
Alert No. 2,708, Monday,
• President Delivers State of the Union Address
• Story Titles From July - December 2015.
• Story Titles From January - June, 2014.
• Story Titles From June - December, 2013.
• Story Titles From January - June, 2013.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2012.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2012.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2011.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2011.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2010.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2010.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2009.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2009.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2008.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2008.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2007.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2007.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2006.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2006.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2005.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2005.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2004.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2004.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2003.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2003.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2002.