Story Titles from the Tech Law
Journal Daily E-Mail Alert, by Issue.
July - December 2014
Alert No. 2,707, Monday, November 24.
• House and Senate Pass STELA Reauthorization Bill
• Senate Rejects Motion to Invoke Cloture on USA FREEDOM Act
• Wheeler Proposes Increase in E-Rate Taxes
• Chevron Deference to Administrative Interpretations in Criminal Cases
Alert No. 2,706, Monday, November 17.
• Obama Releases Statement on FCC Regulation of BIAS Providers
• President Obama Proposes Reclassification of BIAS
• Summary of President Obama's Proposal for BIAS Regulation
• Congressional Republicans Criticize Proposal to Reclassify BIAS As A Title II Service
• Rep. Goodlatte Criticizes President's Statement on BIAS Regulation
• More Reaction to President Obama's Statement Regarding BIAS Regulation
• Commentary: Presidential Power and Independent Agencies
Alert No. 2,705, Tuesday, October 28.
• 11th Circuit Rules in Cambridge v. Georgia State Universities
Alert No. 2,704, Monday, October 27.
• TPP and Cross Border Data Flows
• ITIF Study Addresses Taxes and Tariffs on ICT
• Supreme Court Grants Certiorari in Expectation of Privacy Case
• Android 5.0 and Mobile Device Kill Switches
• Facebook Announces Post Disaster Communications Tool
Alert No. 2,703, Thursday, October 16.
• FBI Director Comey Wants More Government Surveillance
• Commentary: Recent History of Legislative and Regulatory Action Pertaining to Surveillance
• Reaction to Comey's Surveillance Speech
Alert No. 2,702, Wednesday, October 15.
• Grand Jury Indicts Seller of StealthGenie Stalking App
• DOJ Obtains Ex Parte Civil TRO Against Seller of StealthGenie Stalking App
• Sen. Franken Writes AG Holder Regarding StealthGenie and Location Privacy
• Commentary: FCC and Stalking Apps
Alert No. 2,701, Tuesday, October 14.
• Liberty Reserve Founder Budovsky Extradited to the U.S.
• CFTC Examines Bitcoin
• Coin Center Launches As Advocacy Group for Virtual Currency
• FinCEN to Extend SAR and CTR Rules
• Kmart Discloses Payment Data Breach
• Dairy Queen Discloses Backoff Malware Intrusion
• More Cyber Security News
Alert No. 2,700, Monday, October 13.
• O'Rielly Renominated
• OUSTR Seeks Comments for Special 301 OCR of India
• OUSTR Seeks Comments on Internet and Physical Notorious Foreign Markets
• USPTO to Hold Roundtable on International Harmonization of Patent Law
• More IP News
• More Supreme Court Cert Denials
Alert No. 2,699, Friday, October 10.
• Legislators and Tech Sector Executives Address How Surveillance Harms the US Tech Sector
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Jaffe v. Samsung Electronics Company
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Miniframe v. Microsoft
Alert No. 2,698, Thursday, October 9.
• BIS Issues Advance NPRM on Record Keeping Requirements
• More Export Regulation News
• Book: Spam Nation by Brian Krebs
• Copyright Office Opens 6th Triennial Proceeding on DMCA Anti-Circumvention Exemptions
• CRJs Seek Comments on Cable Royalty Distribution
• CRJs Seek Comments on Satellite Royalty Distribution
• CO Proposes Rules Changes for Statements of Account Submitted by Cable Operators and Satellite Carriers
Alert No. 2,697, Wednesday, October 8.
• Supreme Court Denies Certiorari in Worldcom v. IRS
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in Segal v. Rogue Pictures
• OUSTR Seeks Comments for Special 301 OCR of Kuwait
• CRJs Seek Comments on 2013 DART Sound Recording Fund Royalties
Alert No. 2,696, Tuesday, October 7.
• Supreme Court Begins 2014 Term
• Supreme Court Lets Stand Holding That There is No Cause of Action for Contributory Cybersquatting
• Supreme Court Denies Cert in FTC Act Section 5 Scareware Case
• Supreme Court Requests Brief from Solicitor General in Spokeo v. Robbins
Alert No. 2,695, Monday, October 6.
• Rep. Waxman Urges FCC to Reclassify BIAS As a Title II Telecommunications Service
• Obama Names Comcast's Joseph Clancy Acting Head of Secret Service
• Antitrust Division Issues Business Review Letter to CyberPoint Re Cyber Intelligence Sharing
• JP Morgan Chase Discloses Cyber Breach
Alert No. 2,694, Wednesday, September 24.
• Senate Commerce Committee Approves Its STELA Reauthorization Bill
• Holder to Resign Upon Confirmation of Replacement
Alert No. 2,693, Monday, September 22.
• Senate Passes E-LABEL Act
• Senate Passes Federal Data Center Consolidation Act
• Senate Confirms Holleyman for Deputy USTR
• Houses Passes Jobs for America Act
Alert No. 2,692, Tuesday, September 16.
• USITC Releases Report on Digital Trade
• Obama Picks Daniel Marti to be IP Enforcement Coordinator
• FCC People and Appointments
• More People and Appointments
• More News
Alert No. 2,691, Monday, September 15.
• House Passes Bill to Direct USPTO to Create Law School Clinic Certification Program
• Obama Nominates Gilliam to Be NDCal Judge
• More Judicial Appointments
• GAO Issues Report on Risks Associated with Agency Use of IT Contractors
• More Cyber Security News
Alert No. 2,690, Friday, September 12.
• House to Take Up Bill with Many ICT Related Components
• Senate Commerce Committee to Consider E-LABEL Act and STELA Reauthorization
• BIS Seeks Comments on PRC Manufacture of Semiconductor Etching Equipment
• Obama Issues 14th Annual Routine Emergency Export Regulation Declaration
Alert No. 2,689, Tuesday, September 9.
• House Passes E-LABEL Act
• House Passes EPS Service Parts Act
• Senators Write Apple and Home Depot Regarding Data Breaches
• New York Attorney General Comments on Apple iPhone 6
Alert No. 2,688, Monday, September 8.
• House Passes American Super Computing Leadership Act
• House Passes Bill Regarding Tax Return ID Theft
• House Passes Minor Tweaks to Anti Spoofing Statute
Alert No. 2,687, Wednesday,
• USIS Discloses Cyber Attack
• Security Firm Reports on Activities of Russian Cyber Gang
• More Cyber Security News
• Apple and Samsung Announce Agreement to End Patent Suits Outside of US
• Russian Government Allows Snowden to Remain in Russia
Alert No. 2,686, Tuesday,
• Sprint Ends Effort to Acquire T-Mobile USA
• Public Knowledge Complains About Wireless Companies' Failure to Disclose Network Management Practices to Customers
• HRW and ACLU Write About Corrosive Effect of Electronic Surveillance Upon Journalism and Law
• PRC MOFCOM Reports on Growth and Development of E-Commerce
Alert No. 2,685, Monday,
• President Signs Cell Phone Unlocking Bill
• Commentary: Cell Phones, Other Wireless Devices, and the Library of Congress's Next Rulemaking Proceeding
• House Intelligence Committee Releases Report on Purchase of Intelligence Satellites
• PRC MofCom States that it is Cracking Down on Infringement
Alert No. 2,684, Thursday,
• House Commerce Committee Approves Text Messaging Spoofing Bill
• House Commerce Committee Approves E-Label Bill
• House Passes International Communications Act
• PRC is Investigating Microsoft
• GAO Recommends that FCC Should Collect Data that Would Enable Analysis of Effectiveness of High Cost Subsidy Program
Alert No. 2,683, Wednesday,
• CIA Admits Searching Computers of Senate Staff
• Sen. Leahy Introduces Senate Version of USA FREEDOM Act
• Analysis of the USA FREEDOM Act's Bulk Data Collection Provisions
• Analysis of the USA FREEDOM ACT's Special Advocates Provision
• Rep. Stockman Introduces Bill to Require Agencies to Provide Notice of Disclosures of PII
Alert No. 2,682, Tuesday,
• House Passes DHS Cyber Security Information Sharing Bill
• House Passes DHS Cyber Security Research Bill
• House Passes DHS Cyber Security Personnel Bill
• House Passes Federal Web Site Security Bill
• More Cyber Security News
Alert No. 2,681, Monday,
• House to Vote on Five ICT Bills
• House to Consider Three DHS Cyber Security Bills
• House to Consider Bill Regarding Federal Web Site Security
• House to Consider International Communications Reform Act
Alert No. 2,680, Thursday,
• House Passes Cell Phone Unlocking Bill
• USPTO Proposes Changes to Rules Regarding Sharing of Information Between Patent Offices
• USPTO Seeks Comments on Optimal Patent First Action and Total Pendency Target Levels
• FTC to Host Robocaller Honeypot Contest at DEF CON 22
Alert No. 2,679, Wednesday,
• Sen. Leahy and Rep. Price Reintroduce Bill to Expand Extraterritorial Criminal Jurisdiction
• House Rejects Rare Earths Bill
• OSTP Seeks Comments on Rare Earths
Alert No. 2,678, Tuesday,
• House Passes NIST Reauthorization Bill
• House Passes STELA Reauthorization Bill
Alert No. 2,677, Monday,
• Representatives Introduce Bill to Push FCC on Wi-Fi Use in 5.9 GHz Band
Alert No. 2,676, Thursday,
• NIST Authorization Bill Would Remove NSA's Statutory Role in Setting Security Standards
• Apple Settles With States in E-Books Antitrust
• House Commerce Committee Democrats Seek DHS Investigation of Motorola's Business Practices
Alert No. 2,675, Wednesday,
• Senate Passes Cell Phone Unlocking Bill
• Rep. Goodlatte and Rep. Eshoo Urge Senate Passage of House Passed Patent Bill
• House Commerce Subcommittee Approves Bill to Regulate Patent Infringement Demand Letter Practices
Alert No. 2,674, Tuesday,
• House Passes Permanent Internet Tax Freedom Act
• House Judiciary Committee Approves Satellite Television Access Reauthorization Act
• Antitrust Division Compels Divestiture in Sinclair's Acquisition of Broadcast TV Stations
Alert No. 2,673, Monday,
• Senate Judiciary Committee Approves Phone Unlocking Bill
• House Passes Social Media Working Group Act
• House Passes DHS Interoperable Communications Act
Alert No. 2,672, Tuesday,
• Senate Committee Approves DHS NCCIC Bill
• Senate Committee Approves Federal Information Security Modernization Act
• Sen. Walsh Introduces Bill to Prevent NIST and NSA From Dumbing Down Encryption Standards
Alert No. 2,671, Monday,
• PCLOB Releases Report on FISA Section 702
• FTC Sues T-Mobile USA for Third Party Phone Bill Cramming
• USPTO Seeks Comments on Virtual Marking
• IRS's Claimed Loss of Subpoenaed E-Mail Prompts Introduction of "Dog Ate My Tax Receipts Act"
• Story Titles From January - June, 2014.
• Story Titles From June - December, 2013.
• Story Titles From January - June, 2013.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2012.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2012.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2011.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2011.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2010.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2010.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2009.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2009.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2008.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2008.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2007.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2007.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2006.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2006.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2005.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2005.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2004.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2004.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2003.
• Story Titles from January - June, 2003.
• Story Titles from July - December, 2002.